Course: Design and Analysis of Algorithms by Tim Roughgarden @ Coursera
- Routing and communication networks piggybacks on classical shortest path algorithms public key
cryptography relies on that of number-theoretic algorithms.
- Computer graphics needs the computational primitives supplied by geometric algorithms.
- Database indices rely on balanced search tree data structures.
- Computational biology uses dynamic programming algorithms to measure genome similarity.
the design analysis of greedy
algorithms with applications to minimum
spanning trees, scheduling, and
information theoretic coding. And
secondly, the design analysis of dynamic
programming algorithms with example
applications being in genome sequence
alignment and the shortest path protocols
in communication networks
- proofs by induction and proofs by contradiction.
- the standard quantifier and summation symbols
- discrete probability
- Mathematics for Computer Science
Divide & Conquer